Please find the latest updates below on the CP-TCRC situation.
Read the full notice from CP here.
- CP has issued 72-hour notice to the Teamsters Canada Rail Conference (TCRC) of its plan to lock-out employees at 00:01 a.m. ET on Sunday, March 20, 2022 if the union leadership and the company are unable to come to a negotiated settlement.
- “We take this action today to bring that uncertainty to an end. Delaying resolution of this situation would only make things worse.” – John Brooks, Executive Vice-President & Chief Marketing Officer of CP
- Formerly, CP tabled an offer that addressed a total of 26 outstanding issues between the parties.
- TCRC leadership rejected CP’s offer and the union continues to table demands.
- CP will continue to negotiate with the TCRC.
- CP has commenced its work stoppage contingency plan to wind-down Canadian operations.
- Further details will be provided, including embargos, as CP’s shut down plan progresses.
- CP has launched a fact-based information hub with materials and information about these negotiations at cpr.ca/TCRC2022.
Delmar will continue to monitor this situation. For additional information and assistance, please contact your local Delmar Representative.
Not sure who to contact? Reply to this email and one of our specialists will assist you.